The Dangers of Button Batteries

With the holiday season approaching and new toys arriving, please take a moment to read the following article about how to keep our children safe from button batteries.  These batteries are found in many toys and household items and can cause significant medical problems or even death if they are ingested or become lodged in a child’s ear or nose.  Please survey your home to make sure that your children cannot access any button batteries.  If you are concerned that a toy is flimsy and a battery could come loose, get rid of it – it’s not worth the risk! 

http://www.healthychildren.org/English/safety-prevention/at-home/Pages/Button-Battery-Injuries-in-Children-A-Growing-Risk.aspx